Water Damage Technician in Houston
- Ability to recognize and rectify problems.
- Driving record acceptable to insurance carrier.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to carry equipment weighing 50 pounds, as needed. At times this requires carrying equipment upstairs.
- Industry experience helpful.
- Basic mathematics skills
At assigned customer locations perform restoration services as required. Maintain a high standard of customer service. Complete daily paperwork.
- Be a good ambassador/representative for COIT Services, Inc.
- Provides prompt and professional service to all customers. This includes being polite, courteous and respectful.
- Completes customer service schedules on time. Keeps internal personnel informed of daily schedule.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of all company products and services.
- Determines customer requirements and communicates them with supervisor.
- Using appropriate cleaning products and wearing appropriate safety equipment, provides professional cleaning services in customer’s home using company provided equipment (i.e., truck mounted cleaning machines, portable cleaning machines, etc).
- Follow all safety procedures including the contents of the safety bucket.
- Prior to leaving, provide customers with any necessary safety information or instructions concerning the areas just cleaned.
- Follow all company procedures and requirements concerning equipment and tool maintenance and operation.
- Handle customer complaints and challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Resolves customer complaints in a manner mutually satisfactory to both customer and company. Access relevant information and contact appropriate personnel. Follow established policies and resolve customer concerns to satisfaction of Company and customer.
- Inspect customer complaints. Provide timely feedback to the Company regarding customer complaints.
- Operate company vehicle with good judgment, obeying all laws and rules of the road.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Maintain assigned company vehicle in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- On a daily basis, accurately complete all water technician paperwork (written and electronic) and have all supporting documents in order.
- Satisfactorily complete daily check-out and check-in procedures in a timely manner.
- Maintain IICRC certification in WRT/ASD.
- Maintain a high level of personal grooming and appearance.
- Wear a clean, neat, and proper company uniform every day.
- Meet company standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the company.
- Attend training meetings as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is physically demanding. There is extensive walking, standing, stooping, and bending. Traveling to each job location requires the safe operation of a company vehicle. The equipment must be unloaded from the vehicle and carried to the worksite. The equipment weighs approximately 50 pounds. At times equipment may need to be carried up stairs and down hallways. There is extensive and repetitive pushing and pulling of the water damage equipment.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of the supervisor.