Keep Your Carpets Smelling Fresh with these Simple Ideas
If you have carpet in your home, you know how quickly and easily it can fall victim to stains.
No matter how careful you may be, with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you’re bound to encounter a few spots and spills along the way.
But what about unpleasant carpet smells? How do you handle those? They’re certainly no fun – and these kinds of odors makes your home feel anything but relaxing.
Well, here’s the good news – smelly carpet, which can lead to a smelly house – doesn’t have to stay that way! If you’re looking for the best way to keep your carpets smelling fresh, explore our guide below, brought to you by Coit Carpet Cleaning.
Need a Home Remedy for Freshening Carpets?
Here are a few easy ways to breathe new life into your carpet, and the surrounding air inside your home. And don’t worry – each of these do-it-yourself options doesn’t require a ton of work!
Take baking soda and lavender essential oil (do not use tea tree oil if you have a pet, as this could be toxic).
- Mix ½ cup of baking soda with 30 drops of essential oil.
- Pour this mixture into something that resembles an old spice container (any mixing container that has holes in the lid will work).
- Let the mixture sit overnight for 24 hours.
- Sprinkle the mixture lightly over the carpet.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, vacuum your carpet as you normally would. The smell should be gone!
- Pour a generous amount of white vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray the white vinegar onto the carpet. Don’t worry – the smell will disappear (and it will actually absorb any other bad odors you’re trying to eliminate).
- Let it dry completely, and then repeat the process over again, as needed.
Additional Tips: How to Keep Your House Smelling Fresh all the Time
If you need a few more fresh smelling home tips to try, you’re in luck – we have more! Check out a few ideas below.
- Diffuse essential oils into the air.
This is a natural and healthy way to eliminate odors inside your home. Take 4 to 5 drops of the oil and mix it with 4 ounces of water. If you don’t have a diffuser or don’t want to buy one, you can always spray essential oils using a spray bottle.
- Run orange, lemon or lime peels through the garbage disposal to eliminate odor.
If you’re looking to get rid of the smell coming from your kitchen sink, your garbage disposal could use a little extra attention. A few deliciously-smelling peels will do the trick!
- Mix baking soda and water in a crockpot – turn it on and let it work its magic!
Who knew a crockpot could double as a household cleaning appliance? Instead of cooking dinner, cook up some fresh smells in any room of your house. Just be sure to set the crockpot to LOW, with the lid off.
Hopefully one of the above mentioned crafty methods appeals to you for taking care of your home and your carpet. Each method quickly and easily answers the question of how to keep your house smelling fresh all the time – in a few minutes or less.
Coit Carpet Cleaning Has a Team of Professionals Who Can Help
If your home’s carpet is in need of more than do-it-yourself solutions, have no fear – Coit’s team of professionals is here to help you. Using heavy-duty, commercial cleaning equipment, along with a powerful carpet shampoo, our highly trained technicians will clean your carpet from the inside out. Our cleaning technology allows us to reach deep within fibers to extract dust, dirt, allergens, and stains that not only look dirty but affect the overall health of your home.
Give the Coit team a call today to learn more!