Congratulations to the Winner of Our Previous Scholarship (Deadline Aug. 1, 2015): Kierra R. from UNC Chapel Hill
Aug. 1, 2016
Design A Graphic For Emergency Stain Removal
This graphic design-centric scholarship asks you to create a graphic that explains your genius way to remove 1-3 kinds of stains from carpet, upholstery, or other surfaces. You might focus on the kinds of stain removal that are useful to students: how to get coffee out of carpet, how to get beer out of upholstery, etc. It’s perfectly okay to feature only one kind of stain removal; you may feature up to three, but more is not necessarily better. We will give extra attention to submissions with unusual stain removal tactics. The most important criterion, though, is fantastic graphic design.The graphic should be easy to read and visually appealing—perhaps something a student would stick to their refrigerator, or a small infographic they might bookmark. The size and shape of the graphic is up to you; it could be intended for web or print. Ultimately, the goal is to make it appealing and useful.
Checklist Submission Rules:
- Create a graphic for emergency stain removal. It may be sent in any of the following formats: AI, EPS, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF. Do not send a Word document.(Tip: Microsoft Word is not intended for graphic design. If you aren’t sure what to use and still determined to apply, try downloading and learning GIMP, a free, open-source version of Photoshop.)
- Email it to us at email@example.com by 11:59 pm PST, Aug 1, 2016. The subject line should read: COIT Scholarship, and the body of the email should include the following information: Full Name, Google+ or Facebook username, address, phone, school name, date of birth, & parent/guardian name (if under 18). Finally hashtag your submission #coitscholarship on facebook.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- You must be enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university in the USA or Canada. International students are welcome!
- Submission must be in by 11:59pm PST August 1, 2016.
- One submission per person.
- The winning submission will be featured on the COIT website and distributed across our social media, so that students everywhere can benefit from it!
The winning submission will be decided by COIT Services. We will announce the winner on August 15, 2016 on COIT's Google+ and other social media. For up to the minute information on the scholarship and other announcements by COIT, like us on Facebook follow us on Google+.
With over 65 years of experience COIT is one of the largest and most experienced Carpet, Air Duct and Upholstery Cleaners in America. We offer carpet cleaning services accross the country with markets in San Francisco, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, Los angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Houston, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Fort Lauderdale, Minneapolis and more.
All submissions will be the property of COIT.