Design a meme for a cleaning situation in a house or apartment that requires a professional cleaning service to resolve.
This graphic design-centric scholarship challenges you to create a meme that shows us a humorous take on cleaning.
You might focus on the kinds of stains or cleaning problems that people try to handle themselves, but really need someone with more experience to fix.
Your meme should be designed for posting on social media, and can be 1, 2 or 3 frames total – it’s your story, so tell it your way.
We will give extra attention to clever submissions with a real sense of humor. The most important criterion, though, is fantastic graphic design. The meme should be easy to read and visually appealing- something worth sharing!
First Place: $1000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $250
- The applicant must be enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada, at some point during the submission entry dates. Submissions from international students are welcome.
- Entries for the COIT 2017 Clean Meme Scholarship Contest may be submitted between 12:01 am (PST) November 1, 2016 through 11:59 pm (PST) on March 31, 2017.
- Only one submission per person.
- Create a meme as described above. It may be sent via email in any of the following formats: AI, EPS, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF. Do not send a Word document. (Tip: Microsoft Word is not intended for graphic design. If you aren’t sure what to use and still determined to apply, try downloading and learning GIMP, a free, open-source version of Photoshop.)
- Post your design on your personal Facebook AND Twitter accounts, using the Hashtag #CoitScholarship on both
- Email your submission by 11:59 pm (PST) March 31, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line must read: COIT Scholarship
- The body of the email must include ALL of the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your personal Facebook URL
- Your personal Twitter username
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number
- Your qualifying school name
- Proof of enrollment at your qualifying school – please attach a copy / scan of a valid class schedule or other similar document from the school
- Your date of birth (DD/MM/Year)
- Name of parent or legal guardian (only if under 18 at time of submission)
The winning submission will be decided by COIT Services. The winner will be notified by April 15, 2017, and the winner and winning entry announced on COIT's Facebook and Twitter pages on or about the same date.