Design a meme that showcases the psychological benefits of having your space cleaned. Show us how it feels to have everything in like-new condition again.
This graphic design-centric scholarship challenges you to create a meme that shows us a humorous take on the psychological benefits of having your space cleaned. You might focus on the kinds of messes that people try to handle themselves, but need someone with more experience to fix. Your meme should be designed for posting on social media and can be 1, 2 or 3 frames total – it’s your story, so tell it your way. We will give extra attention to clever submissions with a real sense of humor. The most important criterion, though, is fantastic graphic design. The meme should be easy to read and visually appealing- something worth sharing!
- First Place: $1000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- The applicant must be enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada, at some point during the submission entry dates. Submissions from international students are welcome.
- Entries for the COIT 2017 Clean Meme Scholarship Contest may be submitted between 12:01 am (PST) May 1, 2017, through 11:59 pm (PST) on August 31, 2017.
- Only one submission per person.
- Create a meme as described above. It may be sent via email in any of the following formats: AI, EPS, GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF. Do not send a Word document. (Tip: Microsoft Word is not intended for graphic design. If you aren’t sure what to use and still determined to apply, try downloading and learning GIMP, a free, open-source version of Photoshop.)
- Post your design on your personal Facebook AND Twitter accounts, using the Hashtag #CoitScholarship on both
- Email your submission by 11:59 pm (PST) August 31, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line must read: COIT Scholarship
- The body of the email must include ALL of the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your personal Facebook URL
- Your personal Twitter username
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number
- Your qualifying school name
- Proof of enrollment at your qualifying school – please attach a copy/scan of a valid class schedule or other similar document from the school
- Your date of birth (DD/MM/Year)
- Name of parent or legal guardian (only if under 18 at time of submission)
- COIT employees and family members are ineligible from competing in the scholarship.
The winning submission will be decided by COIT Services. The winner will be notified by September 7, 2017, and the winning entry announced on COIT's Facebook and Twitter pages on or near the same date. For up-to-the-minute information on the COIT 2017 Clean Meme™ Scholarship Contest and other announcements from COIT, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Now…let’s see what you’ve got. Good luck!