Residential Sales Technician in Sacramento
- High School completion or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience helpful (drycleaning/carpet cleaning).
- Outside sales experience helpful.
- Driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
At assigned customer location, qualifies the job and provides customer with job price, selling additional products and services and picking up customer goods as appropriate. Sales Leads are provided by the company. There is no cold calling.
- Be a good ambassador/representative of the company
- Provides prompt and professional service to all customers. This includes being polite, courteous and respectful.
- Completes customer service schedules on time. Keeps internal personnel informed of daily schedule.
- Contacts each customer on the assigned daily route list and verify appointment time. Notes any reschedules and turns in route sheet to manager prior to starting the route.
- Correctly identifies fabric types, window coverings, upholstery or rugs to determine appropriate pricing
- In the customer's home identifies spots, stains and damage and brings these to the customer's attention
- Determines customer requirements and provides customer with legible copy of invoice containing accurate pricing information, following company guidelines and pricing structures.
- Prepares invoice and qualifies the job in writing while at the customer's home. Explains company's guarantee and risk policies. Correctly determines risk and obtains customer's written approval. Note risks by checking appropriate boxes on invoice, and has customer initial that they have been told of the risk. (i.e. shredding).
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of all company products and services.
- Asks customers for additional business and successfully sells add-on services and products (succession sales/builds)
- Maintains performance at the required minimum acceptable statistical sales standards.
- When necessary, reviews customer claims and adjustments. Follows established policies and resolves customer concerns to satisfaction of company and customer. If there is a claim and the technician had not noted a risk on the invoice, then the representative is to contact the customer and start claim proceedings.
- Satisfactorily completes daily check-out and check-in procedures.
- Follows all applicable legislation and policies for safe operation of vehicle and equipment.
- Operates company vehicle with good judgment, obeying all laws and rules of the road.
- Maintain a high level of personal grooming and appearance.
- Wear a clean, neat and proper company uniform every day.
- Meet company standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the company.
- Attend training meetings as required. -
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This job requires walking, standing, stooping, and bending. Traveling to each job location requires the safe operation of a company vehicle. This position requires being able to take draperies down from drapery rods, place in bags and carry to the vehicle. This may require carrying draperies up and down stairs.