General Manager in Twin Cities
• Four year degree in business management or a similar field, or equivalent experience, advanced degree (MBA) preferred • Minimum of 5 to 7 year experience of general operation management / or comparable experience • Minimum of 8 to 11 years of customer service, professional services and general business experience • Previous management or supervisory experience required • Ability to work long and irregular hours, and under pressure conditions • Prior carpet cleaning experience beneficial. General knowledge of drapery cleaning, fabrics, hardware and installation techniques beneficial • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to create letters, documents and spreadsheets using same • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Directs and coordinates the activities of a parent owned division towards established objectives. Advises and assists executive management in planning, policy, and operations matters. Performs a wide range of difficult to complex activities related to staffing and personnel operations.
• Creates and implements a Division Operational strategic plan including short and long term goals, and a system to monitor progress towards reaching those goals. This includes achieving topline growth. • Directs, organizes and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Coordinates and adjusts organizational processes and facility operations as needed to ensure the smooth execution of policies and procedures. • Directs and ensures proper coordination of all administrative affairs; assists executive management in the direction of divisional operations; responsible for planning, controlling and coordinating the entire range of activities of the organizational unit. • Establishes control systems; problem solving and follow-up procedures to ensure that objectives are met; keeps management informed. • Manages and directs all department managers and supervisors to ensure maximum operational effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and employee safety. Leads department managers in taking steps to minimize costs and maximize income. • Estimates, monitors, and controls costs relating to the division. Analyzes operational and financial reports with the support of corporate and divisional controllers. • Makes hiring, performance, and disciplinary determinations. Monitors performance data; anticipates, prevents and solves problems. • Open communication and employee satisfaction and interacts with all levels of personnel. • Work with general public, franchise personnel, customers and key vendors on an as needed basis • Evaluates market area and determines opportunities to expand sales of goods and services. Works with corporate marketing department to establish marketing plan for the division. Monitors advertising results as directed. • Develops a strong base of formal and informal communications with all division managers
• Principles and practices of business administration including personnel practices and employment laws pertaining to the legal aspects of State and Federal regulations Program budgeting, general accounting and fiscal management practices Office procedures and business operating systems • Appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances
• Strong analytical skills and able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings; persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problem. • Able to assess operational, program, staffing, and fiscal needs by evaluating fiscal, operational and financial reports, forms, and data; analyzing complex written documents • Proven ability to develop business plans and goals • Able to delegate responsibility and achieving results through subordinates. • Maintain order in an environment of changing priorities. • Proven ability to successfully resolve conflict • Customer relations, sales and negotiation skills • Technical skills in drapery, carpet and upholstery cleaning preferred • Excellent public speaking skills and a demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to variety of audiences • Ability to obtain documents necessary to travel within the United States and Canada
• Prepares reports, records and documentation as required or assigned; keeps management informed • Maintains effective working relationships and acts in a manner most beneficial to the company Supports organizational teamwork and acts as an advocate for corporate values • Meets corporate standards for attendance and timeliness • All other duties as assigned
This position is mostly a sedentary one. Requires sitting for extended periods of time and using the telephone, computer keyboard, monitor and mouse. Requires driving to monitor work in the field. Occasionally, it may be required to lift and carry materials or customer's goods. Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of the supervisor.