Operations Manager in Bay Area
- High school completion or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years customer service or general business experience.
- Management or supervisory experience helpful.
- Customer relations and sales skills.
- General knowledge of drapery cleaning, fabrics, hardware and installation techniques beneficial.
- Prior carpet cleaning experience beneficial.
- Data entry or computer operation experience.
- Creates and implements an Operational Department strategic plan for the division including short- and long-term goals, and a system to monitor progress towards reaching those goals. This includes achieving topline growth.
- Communicates effectively with customers, customer service, plant and outside personnel.
- Anticipates, prevents and solves problems.
- Supervises, directs and monitors operational staff.
- Conducts regular department meetings following corporate format and including things unique to the department.
- Conducts effective performance reviews for operational staff containing specific performance standards and clear expectations.
- Supports performance by conducting appraisals.
- Regularly inspects safety and cleanliness of company vehicles and equipment. Ensures that company equipment is properly maintained.
- Organizes work and work assignments to maximize accuracy, timeliness, productivity and effective customer service. Suggests and implements performance improvements.
- Confirms and ensures proper completion of On-Location, Sales and Revisit routes. Conducts check-out and check-in; monitors associated paperwork and solves problems.
- Provides timely recognition and feedback to ensure adherence to company policy.
- Administers progressive disciplinary process as required.
- Initiates training program to include new and existing technicians. Implements systems so training program can be documented and monitored.
- On a monthly basis, conducts field visitations using corporate standards.
- Establishes criteria for evaluation of candidates for open positions. Using corporate interview questions appropriately screen for experience and background.
- Monitors safety training for effectiveness. Ensure that safety training is documented and on-going.
- Enforces COIT Carpet Cleaning Standards to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and commitment to customer service.
- Develops and implements an effective system to communicate with the customers. This information should be used to evaluate performance and establish benchmarks.
- Develops and implements systems to monitor customer concerns from start to finish. The systems should have the ability to track by problem type and by technician involved.
- Implements control systems, problem solving and follow-up procedures to ensure that standards are met. Keeps General Manager informed.
- Wears clean, neat and proper attire every day, setting the standard for the department.
- Represents the operations function on task force assignments relating to areas of responsibility.
- Supports organizational teamwork and acts as an advocate for corporate values.
- Meets corporate standards for attendance and timeliness.
- Prepares reports, records and documentation as required or assigned; keeps management informed.
- Maintains effective working relationships and acts in a manner most beneficial to the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
This position is mostly a sedentary one. Requires sitting for extended periods of time and using the telephone, computer keyboard, monitor and mouse. Requires driving to monitor work in the field. Occasionally, it may be required to lift and carry materials or customer's goods.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of the supervisor.