Restoration Estimator in Seattle
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience estimating with Xactimate and T&M
- Knowledge in using job management software
- Knowledge of XactAnalysis
- Estimates written to comply with job and carrier requirements
- Technical skills in insurance repair and restoration required
- Knowledge of water, fire, mold, forensic restoration, and asbestos/lead abatement
- Minimum of 5 yrs. work experience in restoration services
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Have a high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent group facilitation / presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Supports organizational teamwork and acts as an advocate for corporate values
- Meets corporate standards for attendance and timeliness
Under the direction of the Division General Manager, and working in an office environment, uses restoration industry software to estimate and submit insurance billing for the restoration of properties damaged by water, fire, smoke, and other disasters.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare estimates for water, fire, mold, forensic mitigation, reconstruction, and abatement projects
- Submit timely billing to Third Party Administrators, (TPA) and insurance carriers in accordance with company guidelines
- Close sales after estimates are approved by the insurance company, making sure that good communication is maintained during the approval process with all parties involved (e.g., TPA, insurance carrier, homeowner).
- Provides complete written scope of work along with any supporting pictures or diagrams
- Provides written changes in work scope
- Complete Xactimate estimates for initial loss supplements and change orders for Project Managers
- Once approved, submit estimates, supplements, and change orders to adjustor and/or customer for approval.
- Negotiate large loss supplemental contracts with adjusters
- Establishes maintains and supports company policies and procedures
- Be available to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner. This includes being available to help coordinate the Restoration Department’s response to an emergency
- Oversee the Project Manager progress of each loss and maintain contact with the Project Manager throughout the job
- All estimates are written with a complete understanding of the insurance company's specific requirements
- Ensure that all jobs are updated in a timely manner in Xactimate, XactAnalysis, PSA, Mica, etc. (i.e., photos, site inspection, estimate, estimate approval, work authorization) and that proper documentation needed for the job is loaded into the respective databases
- Establish and assist in following payment terms and collecting accounts receivables
- Ensure proper contracts are filled out and signed
- Fields customer questions & concerns, resolving all issues, working with appropriate staff
- Develops WIP report for Active Projects
- Maintain a gross margin goal on projects
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- All other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of the supervisor