Director of Franchise Services in Phoenix
- Proven Franchise support experience
- Thorough understanding of franchise regulations
- Requires ability to develop and implement strong strategic direction and plan
- Proven Operational experience, preferably within the industry
- Ability to access operational, program, staffing and fiscal needs
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent public relations skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills and a demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to variety of audiences
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to create letters, documents and spreadsheets using same
- Proven ability to develop business plans and goals
- Ability to obtain documents necessary to travel within the United States and Canada
- Proven ability to successfully resolve conflicts
- Understanding of brand management
- Proven sales and negotiation skills
- College degree or related work experience
- Acceptable driving record
The Director of Franchise Services is a hands-on position and responsible for the direction of the Corporate Franchise Department, identifying and providing support services to the franchise system. These functions are the responsibility of the Franchise Department.
- Manages, motivates and provides leadership to the corporate Franchise Department
- Identifies and coordinates needed resources to franchises, including but not limited to marketing, operational, financial, technical and IT, using all available company resources
- Ensures operational and consultative site visits to franchises in accordance with each Franchise agreement. Requires the ability to travel 25 to 50% of the month to franchises and divisions within the United States and Canada
- Using a variety of resources (on-site visits, reports, etc.) develops goals for individual franchises for improvement and growth, while delivering this information to the franchise in a constructive and helpful manner.
- Supports and coordinates and/or conducts appropriate training programs for new and existing franchises ensuring that subject matter experts are available for training
- Establishes process to track and monitor corporate assistance provided to franchises (i.e. follow up on how program, process or suggestions have been implemented and maintained)
- Consults with Franchise Advisory Council (FAC) to identify current needs/requests and establishes procedure for meeting those needs when appropriate
- Takes an active role in the FAC, ensures that the FAC operates as efficiently as possible and obtains resources necessary for the FAC
- Implements strong communication with prospective and existing franchisees through the use of memos, letters, newsletters, fax and electronic media.
- Establishes, maintains and supports COIT Franchise policies and procedures
- Resolves escalated conflicts/concerns between franchises and Corporate office
- Motivates franchise owners:
- through development of implementation of incentive programs
- to “buy in” to all products and services available through Corporate
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the Corporate web site and company intranet as it pertains to franchises
- Manages quality assurance within the franchise program by use of vehicles such as the Mystery Shopper programs
- Prepares reports, records and documentation as required or assigned and keeps management informed of current project status
- Ensures reports are received and tracked on a monthly basis by the Franchise Manager
- Estimates, monitors and controls costs related to areas of responsibility
- Responsible for growing royalty and other revenue streams generated for the corporate office
- Monitors and assists with collection when necessary on outstanding balances owed on Accounts Receivable and note payments by franchisees
- Using a company-approved template, and following all applicable state and federal regulations, responsible for development of contract agreements for franchisees and all related materials. Work with corporate attorneys as needed.
- Responsible for renewal of Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC) being registered with the FTC on an annual basis as well as registration states.
- Responsible to maintain and manage Franchise agreements for renewal applications (for existing franchises) and applications (for new franchises). Work with corporate attorney as needed.
- In future direct sales efforts bringing on new franchise locations.
- Develop and implement on-going expansion program for existing franchises, encouraging successful franchises to expand into additional markets. Identify, create and distribute appropriate marketing vehicles.
- Develop materials and within specified guidelines, respond to inquiries, from potential franchisees regarding opportunities for a franchise purchase, in such a manner as to maintain a high level of interest.
- Provides Marketing Department with feedback on the Corporate web site as it pertains to franchise sales
- Oversee the successful delivery of conventions, training seminars and company meetings as directed. This may include, but is not limited to: developing and presenting topics before the attendees; and leading training sessions and workshops
- Serves on the COIT Corporate Executive Committee
- Keeps current with new products, company programs and services
- Assists the Purchasing Manager with developing and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships, strong rapport and communication with all franchise owners and managers, as well as with all levels of COIT’s Corporate and Divisional offices
- Professionally represent COIT to the general public, customers and key vendors on an as-needed basis. This includes wearing appropriate business attire and COIT identification badge
- Meets corporate standards for attendance and timeliness
- Assists with training of new or existing personnel
- Maintains an acceptable driving record
Provides proof of insurance to cover operating own vehicle on company business
- All other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is moderately physical. There is extensive walking, standing, stooping, and bending. Traveling to each location requires the safe operation of a vehicle. Ability to work with computer keyboard, monitor and mouse for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of the supervisor.