Senior Operations Manager in Cleveland
COIT's Senior Operations Manager (SOM) will maximize profits by managing and operating assigned service areas in a manner that generates the greatest income and customer satisfaction with the least costs and operational issues. They will drive and coordinate the plans and activities of the team in achievement of residential services, company standards, processes and goals. They will direct, plan, implement, organize and manage all service area functions and personnel including office, on-location, plant and revisit personnel. The SOM will embrace and demonstrate COIT's CORE VALUES company wide: 1) Family Respectful; Play the part; Embrace others; Inclusive 2) Trust Honesty, integrity, Trusting and trustworthy 3) Communication Communicate well; Listen well; Effective & Transparent 4) Teamwork Team before self; Contribute; Know your role 5) Sense of Urgency Awareness of others needs & requirements; Walk the talk; Perception is reality 6) Continuous Improvement Self; Team; Business customer; Display initiative; Not comfortable with status quo. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also a drug free workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Working with the COO, develops standards for successful performance for all departmental staff; develops specific performance objectives, monitors progress and holds team accountable.
- Responsible for allocation and performance of departmental personnel and equipment; anticipates, prevents and solves problems.
- Reviews reports and activities to take congratulatory or corrective action with personnel; supports organizational teamwork and acts as an advocate for company values.
- Continuously motivates, educates, trains and evaluates performance of residential services team members to ensure efficient operations, outstanding and effective customer service, adherence to quality standards, and employee safety.
- Assumes final responsibility for selecting, training and terminating of all departmental personnel; works with team to improve effectiveness; conducts 1:1 and quarterly conversations designed to improve performance and enhance communication.
- Establishes and maintains a work environment that promotes safety, productivity, open communication and employee satisfaction; administers company policies and follows established procedures to ensure legal compliance in all activities.
- Actively and continually demonstrates COIT values; builds and maintains professional and effective relationships -- acts in a manner most beneficial to the company.
- Assigns and ensures completion of sales and service routes; conducts check-in, monitors paperwork and resolves problems.
- Plans, organizes and leads departmental meetings to ensure standardized organizational flow and effectiveness of service areas; holds team accountable for activity and performance.
- Develops, maintains and communicates technical information to service and sales personnel; responsible for technical expertise of personnel.
- Works directly with COO in the analysis and control of the financial effectiveness of the department by profit and loss analysis, contribution margin evaluation, accounts receivable control and asset management.
- Estimates, monitors and controls assets and inventory costs; increases revenue that meets or exceeds annual budget.
- Ensures compliance with established procedures and systems for quality, safety, customer satisfaction, and service levels.
- Learn the COIT proprietary software programs to the level of navigating quickly through the program with the capability to identify errors and issues to teach, mentor and coach personnel.
- All other duties and responsibilities as may be required or assigned the essential functions shown are not all-inclusive
- 5+ years experience as a manager/leader in a service business; Industry experience a plus
- 4-year college degree strongly preferred
- Budget, expense control and P&L familiarity
- Proven ability to delegate and achieve results through subordinates; holds staff accountable
- High energy problem solver with excellent organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate to a diverse range of audiences in a variety of settings
- Ability to assess operational, staffing and financial needs using financial reports, forms and data
- Sufficient computer skills in Office Suite programs to be able to easily use and create various documents and reports; ability to quickly grasp concepts of various software programs
- Every day, exhibits a strong desire to learn, grow and succeed