Area Rug Cleaning Specialist (will train) in Cleveland
COIT Cleaning & Restoration Services is looking for a compassionate, detail-oriented individual to join our work family as an Area Rug Cleaning Specialist. Area Rug Cleaning Specialist work in our plant with customers area and oriental rugs of all types. The duties of this job include sweeping, extracting, and scrubbing.
We will provide you with hands on PAID training.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, life insurance, Holiday and vacation pay, on-the-job training, growth opportunities
Area Rug Cleaning Specialist Responsibilities:
- Acquire knowledge of cleaning procedures, techniques, chemicals, and equipment.
- Physically perform all related duties in accordance with company policies and/or manufacturer's recommended maintenance requirements.
- Adhere to personal safety standards by wearing the appropriate protective gear and using the right equipment.
- Clean rugs requested by the customers and updating work orders for each customer.
- Ability to manipulate the cleaning equipment from the van into the plant area.
- Washing area rugs (mainly power washing and using different machines to clean the rugs) in our in-house plant.
- Some carpet cleaning experience will be helpful; however, no experience is required!
- Checking in, measuring, and tagging the rugs with special tags when the rugs come in.
- Wrapping the clean, finished rugs and readying them for delivery.
- Pre and post cleaning inspection for quality assurance.
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment as necessary. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and ensure it functions properly. Promptly report worn and broken equipment to supervisor.
- Follow all workplace safety standards provided by COIT and though training.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with customers.
Area Rug Cleaning Specialist Requirements:
- Have strong customer service skills and handle challenging situations in a professional manner and able to make a good impression with customers.
- Have strong communication, listening, and math skills.
- The ability to complete work orders and meet deadlines.
- have a strong passion for learning different types of rugs and the different ways to clean based on the type, condition, age, and level of soiling
- Applicants must be organized, detail oriented, reliable, customer-oriented, and have the Ability to work independently to support the group effort
- Outstanding personal skills and the ability to think on your feet is a necessity.
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to, but not limited to, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record check. Background Check/Drug screen
Company Overview: At COIT Cleaning and Restoration Services our core values guide everything we do: Family, Trust, Communication, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, and Continuous Improvement. Our Core Values are what make us COIT and are the foundation of our company. COIT is a team that works as a family. We believe that how we conduct our business is just as important as why our company is in business. At COIT, we care about giving our employees everything they need to perform their best. COIT Cleaning and Restoration Services, is committed to making the world a cleaner, healthier, and happier place!
Job Type: Full-time Location: Bedford Heights, OH
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also a drug free workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What are your compensation expectations?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location